Friday, June 18, 2010

The Plan....His Plan

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,

plans to prosper you and not to harm you,

plans to give you a hope and a future.

Jeremiah 29:11


This verse has always meant so much to me. It was on a book mark my daughter gave me for Mother's Day when she was in 1st grade and was really the 1st verse I memorized. For each season of my life it has meant something different an special. As I went back and studied it again over the last few days God has opened my eyes to new things.


Back in March I was in Houston on a business trip. I had arrived at my hotel late in the evening after working that whole day and then taking a very uncomfortable flight. After checking in I went to my room and swiped my room key/card............

........ nothing happened.

I turned the key over thinking I had swiped it the wrong way.

Swipe.....

...Nothing again.

After standing there for a few minutes tired and hungry, I threw my head back in frustration. It was then that I saw the number on the door, 349. The room that the hotel had assigned to me was 348. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry at myself.


As I studied Jeremiah 29:11 this last week God brought this story to my memory and I felt him say to me, "that is how you are treating the dream I have given you."

God has given me (all of us) a dream. A plan or a purpose, whatever it is you want to call it God has something for each of us to accomplish for His kingdom. For His glory. The talent/gift keys He has give us will open the doors to hearts in a might way when they are swiped properly in the door to the room assigned to us.


Are you using you key in the right door ? or are you trying to open a door that is not assigned to you ?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you never cease to amaze me. It seems every time you get a new word from God, he uses you to step on my toes. I wonder if he knew exactly what he was doing when he made us friends. I believe it was no coincidence. Keep swimming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thoughts to ponder. I pray I am following the doors the Lord has opened for me..not anyone elses. He is faithful to lead when we seek to follow.

    ReplyDelete