Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Just a Short Note {God-Sized Dream}

Here is Holley's challenge for this week: take this “do what you can” step for your God-sized dream…Write a letter of encouragement to another dreamer in your life.

Dear Tricia,

   I never thought all those years ago, when my family walked through the doors of that little church up on the hill, that God had such a mighty dream waiting. I came in a little batter and very bruised from female friendships of the past. As a teenager, I had place a wall around my heart and vowed to never let anyone (besides family) past that wall. However, when you looked at me you (and a few others) never let that that stop you from loving. You continuously reached out to me and bit by bit knocked that wall away. It was during those times that God restored me. You so beautifully portrayed (and still do) the same type of love for me that He has.


I have watched you to learn what it is like to be a Godly woman. You have been the Titus 2:2 woman to me (since you are a whole 9 days older than me). I have looked to you to learn how to love my husband. Yours and Shane love is so deep, pure and honest. You do not pretend or sugar coat how very hard it is but instead you demonstrate how much it is worth the fight. As a mother you have proven that there is a love that is unconditional. One that both protects and corrects not matter what. I have seen, in you, a endurance that is winning the race.

You ARE my sister dreamer. God has placed in you a dream….A GOD-SIZED DREAM that He has invited you to be a part of. I wish you could look in the mirror, into your own eyes and see what I see. I pray that God would continue to reveal to you just how awesome you really are. That you would see the influence and effect you (yes Him in you) but you never the less do, can and will have for His kingdom.

You know one of my favorite passages is Isaiah 43: 18-19:

But forget all that –
It is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
I am about to do something new.
See I have already begun!

DO YOU NOT SEE IT ?

He has been working and preparing you to fly for all these years.  Open your wings and let Him be the wind.
I love you twin !!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post. As I read this, I just kept thinking that having a friend who pursues us, who sticks by us no matter what...is one of the rarest treasures. What a blessing to have a friend like Tricia! Wishing you a wonderful week, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet letter to your friend, we all need those kinds of friends. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! We all need to let the people in our life know what a difference they have made in us, and just to say, "thanks for being a friend." Blessings!

    ReplyDelete