Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Letter to the God-sized Dreamers {God-Sized Dream}

Holley's God-sized dream challenge for this week is: Write a post that’s titled “A Letter to the God-sized Dreamers” and tell your God-sized dreaming sisters why we need them and their dreams–especially when it’s hard.




Hello !!!!
Hey there !!!!

Yes you my dear God-sized dreaming sister:

The woman standing at the edge for the crowd just outside the circle. 
The one who is walking around navel-gazing instead of lifting your head.  
The one that has been discouraged in the past.  

I know you are scared.  You have finally taken a few steps to recognize the dream God planted in your heart so many years ago. But now you are beginning to second guess everything.  You are asking yourself, is this really what God wants me to do ? Am I really the one He has called to this task?  Am I really....?  Then you head into all the What ifs.  What if I don't do it correctly? What if I fail? Or maybe the even scarier What if I am successful ?

I want to review the well know biblical story of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea in hopes to encourage you.  The children of Israel had just left captivity and was headed to the Promised Land.  It was to be a land given to them by God that would be even more than they could have dreamed of. Soon they came to the Red Sea and realized at the same time that Pharaoh and his army were closing in behind them.  The people began screaming and Moses.  They claimed that he had just delivered them to their graves. But Moses explained to them (Exodus 14:13-14 ESV):

 13 And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

There are times and battles that the Lord will fight for you but then there are times that He will tell you the same thing He ended up telling Moses and the Israelites.(Exodus 14:15 ESV):

15 The Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to me? Tell the people of 
Israel to go forward."  

God already had a plan to deliver them to the Promised Land as He had committed to them so therefore they just needed to continue to follow the Pillar of Cloud and the Pillar of Fire (representatives of God and His Glory).  

God also already has a plan to bring you into the Promised land of the very dream He has given you.  Yes there will be times that you are to fear not,stand firm and allow God to fight for you but at other time you are called to simply go forward.  Notice when He says to "Go Forward" He does not first tell you to fear not because you will have fear.  The fact that you do have some fear is proof that you realize you need Him.  However, you are to walk forward through that fear in order to get to the Promised Land.

Dear Sister, Today I am praying that you have the courage to keep your eyes on the Pillar before, accept that there is fear and then go on forward to soon arrive to your Promised Land.

God Speed,

Amy 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I ask you to begin to chasing after your dream. God plans to do incredible things for and through each of us and I would love for you to join with me and my dreaming sisters over at Holley's place.  
Holley Gerth describes a God-Sized dream as “a desire in your heart for more of what God has for you.”  

She believes so much in all of us reaching for those dreams that she wrote a book just to encourage all of us.  I am sure that you will want to read it over and over.  So, click on over and get your copy of You’re Made for a God-Sized Dream: Opening the Door to All God Has for You now. I promise, you’ll come back and thank me for telling you all about it.  







7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I am so inspired to stand firm and go forward! You have an encouraging spirit. Please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that the words God gave me inspired you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this, Amy...I just love stopping by your blog. It's such a place of encouragement and Truth, and you have a gift with words. Blessings, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I am so thankful God has linked us together as we walk this path. You always encourge me too.

      Delete
  3. What great encouragement, Amy! The verses are just perfect. I watched the first episode of The Bible this weekend, so the visual of the Red Sea scene is fresh in my mind:) Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad the verses spoke to you. I have been studying this story for a message I will be sharing at a women's conference in May and your words are confirmation that God will use it to speak to women's hearts. Thank you

      Delete
  4. The story of the Israelites often comes to my mind too, when I'm thinking of not doing something I know God wants me to, but I don't want to out of fear. I can just see him going, "oh geeze, here we go again. What are you whining about, just do it." I'm so thankful God holds the hand of the needy, because I can be just that too often :)

    I'm so encouraged by my dream sisters and thank God every day for each and every one of them! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete