Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Want It All {God-Sized Dream}

Holley's “ 'do what you can step' for our God-sized dream is to write a post sharing the desire(s) of your heart.What do you really want more of in your life? Will you dare to say it out loud?"




I say “I want more peace”
Christ said “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 ESV

I say “ I want more security”
Christ said “I am with you, declares the Lord.” Haggai 1:13 ESV




I say “ I want a close friend.”

Christ said “A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24



I say “ I want more love in my life”

Christ said “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”



There are so many things that I want in my life in general and in my God-Sized Dream directly but it really just boils down to that I want… no I need more of Him.

I know that I need more of Him and I have known that for a long time now. So why do I not do the things that would draw me closer to Him.

“For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want,
but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I
agree with the law, that it is good.”
Romans 7:15-16

Lord, I pray that I never forget that you are all I need.  I ask that you always remind me that you are the one that fills all my needs.  You are my my peace, my hope my security and mostly my love.

Amen



4 comments:

  1. As I've read several posts today, many of them (including yours!) have been so challenging to me in the area of being intentional with spending that time with God, filling myself with Him first and allowing Him to be first. It's not something I always do well...thank you so much for the encouragement today! I so appreciate your heart, friend...blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being intentional is hard for me too. Teaching a bible study class has pushed me to have to become more organized in my time-management

      Delete
  2. Amy, I especially like the prayer you ended with. I am feeling those verses from Romans more and more lately too. I think the closer we grow to Jesus, the more we realize our own weaknesses and failings. This is such a beautiful post, Amy. Blessings to you as you keep dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those verses from Romans come to mind frequently, and remind me that I have a choice in everything I do and say. Sometimes I make the right choice and other times I choose whats easiest. I need more of Him and less of me too!

    ReplyDelete