Friday, March 1, 2013

Ordinary {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute FridayToday I am joining my friends and Lisa-Jo this morning for Five Minute Friday. If you’re new here (welcome!) the rules are simple: Write, don’t edit, link your post to her page, and then share the encouragement like wildfire. You can do that, I know you can. The prompt this week is:  Ordinary

It was just a normal ordinary Saturday. The sky was deary and the wind was cold but he still got up early. Early enough that the sun had not even woken up.  A soft kiss on the cheek and he was out the.  He was going to spend the perched 20 feet high in a tree. Waiting. He was hoping to at least get a chance to harvest the big buck he had seen signs of back before the hunting season had begun. While he was gone I spent the day preforming ordinary weekend chores like, grocery shopping, housework and of course a little reading.  Through it all I would have a passing thought of him enter my mind.  I would wonder if he was warm enough. If he might change his mind and come home early. If he had meet his goal. I even wondered where this passion of his came from.  The day went on and it was time for the sun to fade back over the hill.  As I stood at the sink washing a few dishes I heard the crunch of his truck tires over the gravel. As he walked up the stairs I open the door to see him standing there grinning with a single wildflower.  I first assumed he was over joyed because he had gotten the buck but then he said. "I been thinking about you all day."  

On that day, that ordinary day his love for me was as strong and as evident as it was on our wedding day.

That wildflower sat in a plastic cup on my kitchen table for days (way long than they should have) as a reminder not only of my husband's love also a reflect of Christ love.  It is that love that changes every ordinary day into something extremely extraordinary.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. Now that's real romance, and it'll never be made into a movie. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I hope it really is an encouragement for you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet...it's amazing how when we take the time to look for the extraordinary in the ordinary that life just seems even that much more of a gift. Thank you for sharing this today! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete