Friday, February 1, 2013

Do I Really Believe ?

Joining my friends and Lisa-Jo this morning for Five Minute Friday. If you’re new here (welcome!) the rules are simple: Write, don’t edit, link your post to her page, and then share the encouragement like wildfire. You can do that, I know you can. The prompt this week is, .

Afraid

I believe God created the Heavens and Earth.
I believe that He saved Noah in the flood.
I believe that He brought the Israelites out of Egypt by parting the Red Sea.
I believe Jesus was born of a virgin, lived as a man, died on the cross and rose again.

All these things I believe.  However, I am more like the father in the book of Mark chapter 9 than I care to always admit.


24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, 
and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

I find it easy to believe that God provided for all the biblical characters but when it comes to my own life I am afraid.  

Afraid that He doesn't see my need.
Afraid that He won't hear my prayers.
Afraid that He is to busy caring for others, more important.
Just plain afraid.

I look back at my journal.
At all the times He has provided.  
All the needs He has meet. 
All the love He has shown 
I mean if He did nothing else beyond cross and resurrection isn't that more than enough proof of His love.

So I push the fear aside and make the decision that I will chose to trust Him.







PS. This is my first time to join up with Five Minute Friday but when I saw the prompt of Afraid I knew I had to link-up.  . 





1 comment:

  1. So true that we often have to make the choice to trust Him...despite the fear inside. Thank you for sharing! (And welcome to Five-Minute Friday...it's a great place to hang out!) Blessings on your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete