Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feel the Fear but Keep Going

Holley's God-sized dream challenge for this week is, "One unwelcome view you’re sure to have on the way to your God-sized dream is when you find yourself staring fear in the face. What’s one fear you’ve encountered on the way to your God-sized dream? And what’s the truth that’s bigger than that fear?"
 
 
Last week I wrote on the prompt 'Afraid' and now this week Holley asked us to write about our fears vs God's truths. So it seems that fear is recurring for a reason.  Like maybe it is time for me to face those fears and maybe....just maybe overcome them.  I have many generalized fears like most women. 
 
You know the ones:
 
You're not good enough
You're not pretty enough
You're can't do anything right
You're a bad wife, mother, daughter, friend, and so on
 
I can't say that I have over come these type of fears but I can say that I have them much more under control than I had in the past.  In my younger years, before I knew and studied God's truth, these fears almost cost me my life. Literally !! (you can read the details in this post and this one)
 
But then I have some specific fears tied to my God Sized Dream of speaking and teaching the truths I have learned from God's word to other women that struggle to know who they are and whose the are.  The biggest fear I have is that I won't have the right words for the one that I meet that needs them the most.  That there will be one that is being held so tightly in the bondage of fear that she can't see the next day and I will be speechless.  That I will not find the adequate words, the tenderness of heart or the softest of touch for her to be able to see how much she is loved by Christ.  This fear has cause me to be question if this is really even a dream I, of all people, should be dreaming.  Is this a dream that I need to pass on to someone else and just cheer them from the sideline.  Each time I am ready to throw my hands up and quit, God uses His Word to remind me that it isn't about me.  As long as I am following His direction, it really does not matter what words come out of my mouth.  What matters is Him moving in their heart.  There are two truths that He continually brings before me as that reminder.
 
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
~ Deuteronomy 18:18
 
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
~ Isaiah 43:18-19
 
So I chose to continue on.  To walk through the doors He opens. To speak the words He gives me.  But to also remember sometime He calls me to be silent and allow His Spirit to be heard.
 
 
 
Have you been able to face your fears and move on ?  What truth did God teach you that has allowed you to continue putting one foot in front of the other to walk on towards the dream He gave you ?

6 comments:

  1. I love how, no matter the fear, we can always go to God and His Word. Blessings as you keep pushing forward and pursuing your God-Sized dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, Thank you so much for your encouragement. Going to God for EVERYTHING is something I am learning.

      Delete
  2. Amy,thank you for your kind, encouraging comment on my blog! I admire you for being willing to speak in front of others, that is one huge fear of mine! I am encouraged by your walk with God, what He is teaching you, and how you are using that for His glory in the world. Bless you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and the encouragement. I find it much more comfortable standing an speaking than I do sitting at this keyboard writing. LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Amy thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I loved loved what you have to say here. Especially the words and so I continue on! glory! and isaiah 43:19 my word for the year is NEW. I am continually wanting to walk into the new things God has not clinging to the old lies. Thank you for your beautiful reminders. By the way love your sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, Thank you so much for stopping by my little spot in bloggyville. God gave me Isa 43:18-19 many months ago and I didn't understand why but I typed it out and placed it on my desk. It has been such a comfort to me as I walk towards the God Sized Dream

    ReplyDelete